The deadline for spring 2018 scholarships is this Thursday, May 10 at 4 p.m. The department will be awarding over 26 scholarships for roughly $30,000, but only around 8 students have applied!
For more scholarship information, click here and scroll all the way down for info about my two scholarships. https://sjsujmc.com/scholarships/
And I know you’re busy but suck it up, do a little more work, and get your application to the dept office before THURS 4 pm!
Every year, PRSSA and the PRSA Foundation offer members scholarships to help with educational costs. Utilize your academic achievement, diversity, experience and more to apply for the scholarships listed below. Scholarship applications are due April 30.
- Axia Public Relations Scholarship
- Robin M. Urbanski Memorial Scholarship
- Ofield Dukes Multicultural Student Award
- Neumeier Family Leadership Award
- Chester Burger Scholarship for Excellence in Public Relations
- Ron Culp Scholarship for Mentorship
- Lawrence G. Foster Award
- John D. Graham Scholarship
- Stephen D. Pisinski Memorial Scholarship
- Betsy Plank/PRSSA Scholarships
- PRSA Diversity Multicultural Scholarship
- Gary Yoshimura Scholarship
Lagrant Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships
Sixty (60) undergraduate scholarship recipients will receive a trip to New York or San Francisco where they will participate in career building activities including a welcome dinner with a keynote speaker, two daylong career & professional development workshops and a scholarship & donor recognition reception.
Undergraduate (current freshmen, sophomores, juniors and non-graduating seniors ONLY!) applicants meeting the following criteria and completing the application will be considered for The LAGRANT Foundation (TLF) scholarship in the amount of $2,000:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or be an AB-540 student/DACA recipient
- Must be a member of one of the following ethnic groups: African American/Black, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Hispanic/Latino or Native American/Alaska Native
- Must be a full-time student at a four-year, accredited institution within the U.S., carrying a total of 12 units or more per semester/quarter
- *Must have a minimum of 3.0 GPA (if you do not meet this requirement, please see the application checklist below)
- MUST major in a field of study that has an emphasis on advertising, marketing or public relations
- Must have at least one year to complete his/her degree from the time the scholarships are awarded in May 2018
- Recipients who attend a college/university east of Chicago MUST be available Saturday, May 19, 2018 through Tuesday, May 22, 2018. Recipients who attend a college/university west of ChicagoMUST be available Saturday June 2, 2018 through Tuesday, June 5, 2018. If chosen, the applicant MUST attend TLF’s scholarship activities to receive the scholarship. The applicant must make a one-year commitment to maintain contact with TLF to receive professional guidance and academic support
- Undergraduate scholarship application (MS Word) or Undergraduate Scholarship Application (PDF)
- Application must be typed or it will not be accepted
- One reference letter from a college professor or internship advisor on official letterhead and signed
- Your current resume
- Unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If you are selected as a finalist, you must provide official transcripts.
- Headshot photo of applicant
- Application form, which includes all of the following components. The following essay questions should be answered on separate pages:
- A one to two-page essay outlining your career goals and where you see your career path leading you. In addition, explain why you believe it’s important to increase the number of ethnic minorities in the fields of advertising, marketing and public relations. You can include accomplishments relevant to increasing awareness about diversity in your community.
- A brief paragraph explaining college and/or community activities in which you are involved in
- A brief paragraph describing any honors and awards that you have received
- *Optional: If you do not think your GPA accurately reflects your scholastic capability and achievement, then draft an essay no longer than one-page explaining the discrepancy
*An acceptance letter from your college/university may be used as a substitute for unofficial transcripts if you are an incoming freshman for the fall
If you submit ONLY the application form, your application will NOT be considered!
Before uploading and submitting your application online, all application documents must be combined and saved into one PDF!
The deadline is Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:00 pm PST. Scholarship applications that are completeand submitted by January 19th, 2018 11:59 pm PST will be eligible for an extra 10 points. If your application is submitted after February 28, 2018, it WILL NOT be considered.
Dean’s International Scholarship
The Faculty-Led Program and Summer School Abroad Programs are a unique way to introduce students to the idea of the world as an educational resource while giving students who may have never considered it a possibility, the opportunity to study abroad. The College of Applied Sciences and Arts is committed to helping a broad range of SJSU students overcome the financial barriers to study abroad by offering the Dean’s International Scholarship to qualified students in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts. Applications open on Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
Applications must be submitted through the Spartan Scholarship website by Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Summer 2017: 28 awards – $500 each
Summer 2016: 5 awards- $800 each AND 25 awards- $500 each.
Summer 2015: 24 awards- $500 each
1. Applicants must be SJSU students in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts at the time of application.
2. Applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of 2.5 at the time of application to be eligible for this award.
4. Applicants must complete the application electronically on the Spartan Scholarship website by the deadline listed above to be considered for the scholarship.
5. Students already receiving a scholarship specifically for attending a Faculty-Led Program are NOT eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Please visit the Spartan Scholarship website to fill out and submit the Dean’s Scholarship application.
Questions/Concerns? contact Erika Vazques at email@example.com